Starlight Book Reviews have nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you very much!
These are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
11 facts about me:
1. I live in a small town in the southern part of Russia.
2. Can you believe, that leaving in Russia and having visited many cities here and even having been abroad, I’ve never been to Moscow?!
3. I really love learning foreign languages. I’ve been learning English since I was 11. I also studied Italian at University and know a bit of Spanish. Since I’m no longer a student, I try to study by myself.
4. I can’t swim at all, no matter how many people tried to teach me.
5. I watch too many TV shows, I think. Sitcoms and dramas. There’s a huge list. I don’t know how I even manage to remember all of their storylines.
6. I love winter holidays, but can’t stand winter.
7. All of my friends have sisters or brothers, but I’m an only child, so I always felt a bit jealous.
8. I love ‘Friends’. I have all ten seasons on DVDs, and I whenever I feel down I always re-watch some episode.
9. I’m a fan of musicals, and this is one of the reasons I want to go to New York. I’d definitely watch some play on Broadway.
10. I love cats, I have one and she’s 16 years old. And I just can’t get the appeal of dogs.
11. Even though the series are a long time over, I still don’t lose hope that someday J.K. Rowling would write something new about Hogwarts.
Questions from Starlight Book Reviews:
1. Describe a piece of art that moved you.
I’m not really a fan of art, like paintings or sculpture, but I couldn’t help being impressed by Mona Lisa. There’s just something so mysterious about her, her smile, the landscape behind her. I heard so many theories about her, and maybe they are all just people’s imagination, and Leonardo Da Vinci didn’t actually try to make it look like that. But it’s fun to learn about all these ideas.
2. What is your favorite book?
‘Gone With The Wind’ by Margaret Mitchell. This one is on constant re-read for me. I love it with great passion, no other book has ever come close to having such an effect on me. It’s an amazing combination of that particularly important time in history and absolutely realistic characters. Especially, that the main characters can not really be considered role models, but I love Scarlett and Rhett, because they are just honest and real. Oh, and the movie is also one of my all-time favorites.
3. Why do you blog?
Blogging is just a fun and interesting way for me to express my feelings about books I read, besides it motivates me to read more, broad my horizons. It’s also a nice way to meet people with similar interests and compare our reading experiences.
4. Do you have one best friend or a “tier” of best friends? How did you meet them?
I met by best friend on my first day at University. And, OMG, I just realized that this year is the 10th anniversary of our friendship!!!))) We’ve had some good and bad times, but still she is the only person I know I can rely on, like she can on me. I was actually the bridesmaid on her wedding last year!
5. Who is your favorite band or musical artist and why?
Hmm… I don’t really have one particularly favourite artist or band, they change all the time. Besides I always find some new artists to listen to. But I can definitely say, that I love country music (Rascal Flatts, Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton) and recently I’ve become a real fan of Fun. Also Bruno Mars is a must-listen for me.
6. Where is “home” for you?
Home is wherever I feel comfortable and calm, where I am surrounded by people I really like. Naturally, it’s my hometown.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
Probably, it would be ‘Forrest Gump’. Simply outstanding!
8. If you could go anywhere on vacation for a week, all expenses paid, where would you go and why?
I would go to New York. It’s my dream to visit it, and I hope it will come true someday.
9. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Can’t think of any really hard example here… I’ll change the answer later if I come up with one.
10. Have you ever been in love?
Yes, I have.
11. How do you feel about “The Big Bang Theory”? (The television show, not the origin theory of the universe)
The first season didn’t impress me at all, but one of my friends made me watch it further, and I got it. I am a devoted fan, now.))
The blogs I nominated (there are only 10, though):
4. Rosie Review
9. K.S Rowan
Here are my questions:
1. If you could choose to live at any time, past or future, what would it be?
2. Are you an early riser or a night owl?
3. What is your pet peeve?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. Which celebrity you would like to be friends with?
6. Aside blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
7. What is your favorite song?
8. What is the most favorite place you’ve ever visited?
9. Favorite holiday?
10. Best present ever?
11. Which book would you like to see a movie version of?